One of the Canadian members supporting the international VR network the VRA is part of is the Work Wellness Institute. They have their inaugural conference coming up in November on Return-To-Work. The conference will be held virtually on Wednesday, November 17, 2021 (PT, MT, ET, BT) | Thursday, November 18, 2021 (AET). It is free to attend and we’ll share booking details once they are available.
The audience will represent a wide range of industries and professions, including but not limited to: wellness coordinators, disability managers, policy makers, human resources professionals, employees, employers, insurers, labour / union representatives, and rehabilitation professionals. The VRA have also been invited to be on an international panel of VR organisations
They are looking for research presentations and have asked us to share this opportunity with people undertaking research in the area of VR. They are planning to create an infographic which you can use afterwards. Please take a look at the information below.
Do you have recent research to share on Return to Work or workplace wellness? The Work Wellness Institute (WWi) wants to hear from you and help promote your work!We will turn your research into an infographic to be displayed as part of the upcoming Work Wellness Institute conference: Exploring the Reality of Inclusive Return to Work. We are selecting up to 10 research projects to receive a professionally designed infographic that will be available in both English and French, to be displayed at the conference and provided to you for personal use.
The infographic gallery will support the translation of research into practice and knowledge dissemination by presenting your research, in a concise and visual product to a varied audience consisting of employers, leaders, HR professionals, vocational rehabilitation professionals and more.
Below are a list of suggested research topics that align to our conference theme:
- Managing disruption in the workplace (i.e. pandemic, economic crises, natural disaster)
- Impact of disruption in the workplace (i.e. pandemic, economic crises, natural disaster)
- Supporting employees with disabilities in the workplace
- Illness and Return to Work
- Building Psychologically safe workplaces
- Return To Work process
- Employment Law and Return to Work
- Vulnerable Populations and Return to Work
- Supports for Return to Work
To be considered for this inaugural opportunity all submissions must follow the below criteria:
Submissions and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Subject Line: Infographic Research Submission
Submission Deadline: Monday September 27th
Additional Resources: link or attachment to full research project
- All authors/researchers and their affiliation
- Project year
- Research status: complete or partially complete
- Funding source
- Conflict of interest
Content (Word Count: 200-500 max.)
- Context as to why the research emerged/was needed etc
- The method (i.e. interviews, surveys, reviews)
- Number of participants
- Demographics (i.e. age, occupation,)
- Key outcomes of research
- Key learnings for the reader
- Statistics where applicable
Actionable Steps for the Workplace (based upon key findings)
- Practical tips or recommendations
- Implications of research within the workplace setting
Do lets us know if you get involved!