The Vocational Rehabilitation Association’s Annual General Meeting will take place as follows:
Tuesday October 29, 2019 at 1300 this follows on from our CPD Webinar. To join the AGM please follow the link to register for the combined event. If you only wish to attend the AGM then please join us at 1pm.
I strongly encourage you to put the date in your diary, as it is important that we have plenty of members participating in the AGM. The agenda is here, and the Chair’s report and the Treasurer’s report will be reviewed at the meeting. Additional documents you may want to refer to ahead of or during the meeting are membership and constitutional matters.
At the VRA, our Trustees play a key role in supporting the organisation. As part of the AGM we will be holding elections, and an application for election as a Trustee of the Vocational Rehabilitation Association 2019-20 can be downloaded here. Please note that the deadline for receipt of completed nominations is 5.00pm on Wednesday October 23, 2019. If you would like to discuss the role further, please do let me know.
The process for the elections is as follows:-
- The membership will be treated as those members registered and duly paid up on Wednesday 23 October 2019.
- Only members of the VRA are eligible to be nominated to stand for election as Trustees.
- Each nominee must have a supporter who is also a member of the VRA.
- Nominations must be submitted by 5.00pm on Wednesday 23 October, by email, using the application form.
- Details of nominees will be circulated to members following this cut-off time.
- Members will be able to vote during the webinar at the AGM on 29 October, or may submit proxy votes up to 5pm on Friday 25 October. Members will be notified of the process for submitting proxy votes when the nominations are circulated.
Please note that the arrangements for selecting the Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer remain within the Board of Trustees.