This page provides information about vocational rehabilitation training courses including training for those wishing to start a career in VR, move from healthcare or other work into VR plus CPD for VR practitioners.
Degree and post-graduate Courses
Degree level-specific VR courses
- Sheffield Hallam conversion courses in VR – please note this course is currently being rested however an online module on ergonomics and human factors for workplace wellbeing is running.
Other relevant degree courses
VR & RelateD SHORT courses
VRA members offer a range of courses, these include:
- NIDMAR Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) from Well Working Matters
- Conversion courses for OTs, other healthcare professionals and case managers, wishing to start a VR career online and face to face from Ergocom – VRA members receive a 10% discount
- Rehabilitation in bodily injury claims and VR assessments training from Proclaim
- Training in the principles of good sleep using second-generation CBT for insomnia programme R.E.S.T from Sleep Unlimited
Visual impairment awareness courses online and face to face from Visualise
- Understanding Sight Loss for Employment Professionals a bitesize free online course from RNIB
Other courses available include
- Harrison Associates
- At Work Partnership
- The National School of Occupational Health supports quality Occupational Health for the multidisciplinary team
Other CPD options
- See our events page for details of our upcoming free VR CPD webinars, events, conferences, and ad hoc training. VRA members also have access to recordings of previous VRA webinars so you can catch up on any you missed.
- Please also see our guide to free and inexpensive online CPD which includes some options for practitioners.
“An apprenticeship is a job with training to industry standards. It should be about entry to a recognised occupation, involve a substantial programme of on and off-the-job training and the apprentice’s occupational competence should be tested by an independent, end point assessment. Apprenticeships are employer-led: employers set the standards, create the demand for apprentices to meet their skills needs, fund the apprenticeship and are responsible for employing and training the apprentice. But the needs of the apprentice are equally important: to achieve competence in a skilled occupation, which is transferable and secures long term earnings potential, greater security and the capability to progress in the workplace.”
Each apprenticeship has to have “A written standard approved by the Institute (for Apprenticeships), which fully defines the occupation in terms of the responsibilities and tasks involved and the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to achieve competence.”
Source: Institute for Apprenticeships
The agreed apprenticeship standards for: –
- Occupational Therapy
- Employability Practitioner
- Rehabilitation worker (visual impairment)
- Coaching Professional
- Psychological wellbeing practitioner
- Clinical Associate in Psychology Please note: this is a new occupation developed for implementation in England, introduced as part of a programme of work to provide greater access to psychologically informed mental health services. Clinical Associates in Psychology fill an identified skills gap between assistant psychologist and qualified clinical psychologists. They are able to practice autonomously with appropriate support, working within their scope of practice, under the supervision of a registered clinical psychologist. The broad purpose of the occupation is to provide high quality, evidence based psychological interventions to inform practice, with formulations derived from specialist psychological measurement and assessment tools to work with populations across the lifespan from different backgrounds, cultures and beliefs. They work with specific populations and therefore provide a more proscribed range of activities than Clinical Psychologists.
If you offer or are aware of relevant training opportunities that are not shown here please get in touch so we can add the details, there is no cost for this.