Legal and General, homebased working however occasional travel to our Hove office will be required
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000
As a Rehabilitation Specialist within our Group Protection team you will be providing and supporting the pro-active benefits management service for Group and Individual Protection customers by establishing and overseeing the delivery of early intervention, treatment/therapy, rehabilitation and return to work plans.
You must be either an Occupational therapist, Physiotherapist or Registered General Nurse with either an Occupational Health qualification or vocational rehabilitation experience and must be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) or the appropriate governing body.
This is a great opportunity for homebased working however occasional travel to our Hove office will be required.
- Providing comprehensive clinical specialist advice and support to the benefits management team to assist in the assessment and management of Income Protection, Critical Illness and Ill health liability Insurance claims
- Developing and building effective relationships with members by holding discussions and conducting assessments through telephone or face to face contact, establishing their clinical capability, developing and monitoring rehabilitation plans
- Developing and continually review procedures to ensure market leading delivery of rehabilitation programmes to proactively manage Income Protection claims, assisting with return to work plans and providing guidance on reasonable adjustments as stated under the Equality Act
- Developing and building effective relationships with IFA’s and Policyholders (employers), both pre and post sale, in order to promote the understanding of our benefit management philosophy and operating procedures
- Developing, building and maintaining effective relationships with our external suppliers to ensure that we receive cost effective services
- Training, mentoring and developing other members of the benefits and rehabilitation team to improve their skill level
- Defining, developing and delivering processes and systems to ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customer’s expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy
- Defining, developing and delivering processes and systems to ensure that all customer data is dealt with appropriately in accordance with legislation, in particular General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act (2018), the Access to Medical Reports Act (1988) and Legal & General’s Confidentiality Policy.
- It is essential that you are either an Occupational therapist, Physiotherapist or Registered General Nurse with either an Occupational Health qualification or vocational rehabilitation experience and must be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) or the appropriate governing body.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written skills, analytical and risk management skills.
- Knowledge of the investigative and rehabilitation services provided by external organisations
- Knowledge and understanding of the Welfare Reform Act and DWP initiatives
- Extensive legislative and regulatory knowledge
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days’ holiday,private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world’s largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we’re a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term – for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we’re committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we’d love to hear from you.
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?