Zurich, Home based with occasional travel to our Swindon office and some travel throughout the UK
Salary: £27,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Are you a Registered General Nurse (RGN), Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or Occupational Psychologist and looking for a new challenge? Do you want to start a new career with a Global Insurance Company? If so, we would love to hear from you!
You’ll be joining our innovative Medical Rehabilitation Team. Travel throughout the UK to meet with our customers will be required, but don’t worry, you will receive a fully expensed company car. It doesn’t matter if you’ve had previous Insurance experience or not, comprehensive training, induction and one-to-one support will be provided to help the transition into the Insurance world!
We’re well established in the Group Insurance Market and are making a substantial impact through our unique and innovative proposition which is continuing to be extremely well received by our customers and their employees.
The role is varied, innovative and very rewarding. You’ll be working with our Claims Team, our Customers, and their Employees to refreshingly prevent sickness absence through various initiatives and enable early intervention to achieve a sustainable return to work when absence occurs.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
What will you be doing?
Using your medical skills, your aim is to prevent absence through promotion of wellbeing services, signpost to aid recovery and support members and employers in returning to and sustaining work after illness absence.
There will be opportunities for you to enable Rehabilitation, Health, and Wellbeing training directly with customers.
We will ensure orientation and induction to our friendly team of Innovators and encourage significant ongoing training and PREP support. We value our Rehabilitation team engaging with our customers at all levels.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the rehabilitation management of income protection claims made through group risk products and provide propositional support as well as training and development for the team of claims case managers
- Manage a minimum portfolio of 60 rehabilitation referrals over a 12-month period
- Work with the Zurich Corporate Risk (ZCR) Claims Case Manager, employers and employees and their medical advisors to draw up rehabilitation plans and graded return to work plans and support these through to successful outcomes and customer satisfaction
- Fully demonstrate medical skills, knowledge, best practice guidelines and research-based evidence in all rehabilitation activities
- When indicated, enable, support, and evaluate appropriate effective treatment provision through the Zurich provider network
- Able to deal with the challenges the role can also bring in the face of changing workplace issues
- Actively encourage knowledge transfer into Zurich claims and rehabilitation service departments to progress and update all colleagues’ levels of medical competence and confidence
- Possess a desire to make a positive contribution to ZCR Income protection insurance and work in a holistic and growing team
Who are we looking for?
Ideally, we are looking for a Registered General or Mental Health Nurse, or Occupational Psychologist, with great communication skills and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
Some other key things we’re looking for are:
- Experience of Insurance based Medical/Vocational Rehabilitation or Occupational Health working experience
- Desire to work with our customers to enable solutions in workplace issues
- Broad medical knowledge and experience particularly in relation, psychiatric illness, to Musculo-skeletal conditions and cancer conditions.
- Good working knowledge of the NHS and understanding of how to circumnavigate potential treatment delays
- Good understanding of the private medical sector and the services available
- Ability to merge the care needs of the individual with the financial needs of Zurich Insurance Company
- Ability to form working relationships quickly and professionally and to use these relationships to positively impact upon the claims department’s function
- To possess strong team player attitude
- Ability to influence opinion and generate change within all levels of the business
- Previous experience of group risk but not essential
- Understanding of claims functions and processes is desirable
What will you get in return?
With a salary between £27-£40k depending on experience, we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% company pension contribution (employee contribution optional)
- Company car
- Annual company bonuses
- Full private medical cover
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership,
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers, and employees. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives, and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers, and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement, and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and Inclusion. We are also proud to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and Inclusion. You can read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.