Zurich, Home worker with ability to travel across UK when required
We are seeking to recruit Skilled and Enthusiastic Nurses (RGN and/or RMN) or a Physiotherapist or an Occupational Therapist to be part of our Innovative and Dynamic Medical Rehabilitation Team! Ideal candidates are those with Insurance rehabilitation experience with return to work support skills. We are also placed to consider the right individual without Insurance rehabilitation experience.
Our role is varied, innovative and very rewarding, working with our Claims Team, our Customers, their Employees and Treatment providers to prevent sickness absence where possible and early intervention to enable a sustainable return to work when absence occurs.
Experience in Rehabilitation case management or Occupational Health is an advantage.
For the successful candidates, we will ensure orientation and induction to our friendly team and ensure significant ongoing training and PREP support. We value our Rehabilitation team engaging with our customers at all levels. There will be opportunities for you to interact with our end to end business and enable Rehabilitation training directly with customers, so confidence and skills in this would be a distinct advantage. There is an expectation of working in our Swindon office with our claims team for each individual 1- 2 days a fortnight or as agreed with the line manager. Travel throughout the UK is anticipated.
- To assist in the rehabilitation management of income protection claims made through group risk products and provide propositional support as well as training and development for the team of claims case managers
- Proactively manage a minimum portfolio of 60 rehabilitation referrals over a 12 month period
- Work with the ZCR Claims Case Manager, employers and employees and their medical advisors to draw up rehabilitation plans and graded return to work plans.
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment regimes
- Initiate and oversee return to work programmes with employers
- To act as a point of specialist referral for non-medical employees of ZCR
- To actively encourage knowledge transfer into the claims departments to raise handlers level of medical competence and confidence
Your skills and experience:
- Ideal pre requisites for us are experience of Insurance based Medical/Vocational Rehabilitation or Occupational Health working experience
- Previous experience of group risk desirable
- Understanding of claims functions and processes
- Ability to work with our customers to enable solutions in work place issues is essential to avoid needless medicalization.
- Broad current medical knowledge particularly in relation, psychiatric illness, to musculo-skeletal conditions and cancer
- Good working knowledge of the NHS and understanding of how to circumnavigate potential treatment delays
- Good understanding of the private medical sector and the services available
- Ability to focus on the care needs of the individual with the financial needs of Zurich Insurance Company
- Ability to communicate with all levels
- Ability to form working relationships quickly and professionally and to use these relationships to positively impact upon the claims departments function
- Ability to influence opinion and generate change within all levels of the business
- Capacity to work both individually and as part of a team
- Problem solving approach demonstrating a logical thought process
- Good customer skills concentrating on both internal claims departments and external policyholders
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus, defined contribution pension scheme and health care. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We, therefore, look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, marital status, gender identity, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
If the above is of interest and you would like an informal discussion please email Stacey Hunt – firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘Medical Rehabilitation Consultant – (P/T, job-share or F/T) – 190007VP’