Want to be a Guiding Star for people with sight loss?
If you interact with people with visual impairments (VI) in your work or social life, here’s your chance to learn how to assist them more effectively.
Our fun and informative Visual Impairment Awareness Training workshop will increase your understanding of living with sight loss and enable you to confidently support and interact with people with VI.
You’ll learn to:
- Effectively support a person with a visual impairment
- Use appropriate language when interacting – yes, it’s fine to say “See you later!”
- Safely guide someone with sight loss
- Make your business systems and premises more accessible with reasonable adjustments as per the Equality Act 2010
- Understand how guide dogs work with their owners
- Appreciate the emotional impacts of sight loss
- Promote the importance of eye health
Our training is interactive and immersive and will help you to understand the issues and challenges of having a visual impairment. There will also be opportunities for you to ask people living with VI any questions you may have.
Date and Time: Tue, 29 October 2019 09:30 – 12:30 GMT
Location: Thomas Pocklington Trust, Tavistock House South (Entrance D), Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9LG