Understanding Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)
Vocational rehabilitation is a multidisciplinary intervention offered to those with physical, psychological and/or social difficulties enabling a return to work or preventing loss of work.
Techniques used in VR can include:
- assessment, appraisal, programme evaluation and research.
- goal setting and intervention planning.
- provision of health advice and promotion, in support of returning to work.
- support for self-management of health conditions.
- making adjustments to the medical and psychological impact of a disability.
- case management, referral, and service co-ordination.
- psychosocial interventions.
- career counselling, job analysis, job development, and placement services.
- functional and work capacity evaluations.
Read more about how the VRA supports those involved in delivering vocational rehabilitation services here.
Photo by Hello I’m Nik 🎞 on Unsplash